Toni from http://3amdesigns.blogspot.com has tagged me. Thank you Toni, this means that at least one person knows about my blog, so thats a relief.
Well 7 weird and wonderful things about me... hmmm, that might be difficult and requires some thought.
1, I read Tarot cards. Nothing sinister about them, even the death card - just means a change in your life. They are a good psychological tool, most people have the answers to their problems, but sometimes you just need a nudge to find the answer, and the Tarot cards are very good at doing this.
2, I lived in Germany and Hong Kong when my ex husband was in the army. I love Germany and was there for almost 10 years. Hong Kong was and probably still is an amazing place. We lived just outside a tiny village where the only water came from a standpipe in the road. The village woman used to do their famly washing there, stamping it across the stones. Goodness knows how, but the school children's white uniforms came out pristine. I still can't get my washing as white as that with a washing machine and superdooper soap powder!
3. Oh no am I only on number 3! I have been run over and knocked down by a car. Once run over when I was 4 years old and once knocked down by a car when I was 10. Both by women drivers, the first one didn't stop... poor woman must have been terrified. The second one took me home, she admitted it was her fault as I was on a pedestrian crossing at the time and all the other cars had stopped. I broke my leg, my collar bone and cracked my pelvis in the first accident and just banged my head on a phone box in the second.
4. I love doing patchwork, the old kind with a paper backing. this one i have been doing for about 10 years, for some reason I only do it in the summer. I find it very relaxing, gets me into an almost trance state, something very soporific about hand sewing. I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I first started this one, you can tell where I started, look at all the pink and blue bits in the middle, then I just went mad and put anything on it.
The quilt below is one I started a couple of years ago, and this time I sort of had an idea of what I wanted to do, blue and yellow stars with a neutral background. Not done too much too it, but its getting there.
5. I don't drive, can anyone guess a reason why?
6. I love medieval/historical novels, Elizabeth Chadwick is one of my favourites, D J Sansome is another, Suzanna Gregory, and Ellis Peters Cadfael novels are wonderful.
However my very favourite book is The Far Pavilions by MM Kaye. A wonderful epic of India.
7. We have just moved up country from Bedfordshire/ Cambridge borders to Sheffield, and one place I miss more than anything is Cambridge. I just want to cry when I realise that it won't be my local town anymore. All those wonderful medieval buildings, the students, the great shops and the atmosphere of laid back culture. The knowledge that the student you are sitting next to in Starbucks, might be a future Prime Minister, or Nobel prize winner. It's just a fabulous place.
Ok there you go folks, not very weird and wonderful I'm afraid but thats me...
Thank you again Toni for tagging me, and thank you to all who visit this blog. Now that we have finally finished moving I hope I will be able to post more frequently and soon I hope to open an Etsy shop or sell things on my blog.
Now I have to tag some more people, however, most of the blogs I read have been tagged several times already, so please if you read my blog, and you haven't been tagged then please consider yourself Tagged with a capital T.