Thursday, July 26, 2007

80th birthday card


This is a card I made for the baker and his wife to give to a friend who is 80. I printed the Happy Birthday message in black, and was so lucky that because of the card I used, it turned the printing to silver. This made it very easy to put silver border lines along the edge of the lace vellum paper which really seemed to have finished it off nicely.
I took it to the post office so David the baker can pick it up in the morning when he delivers the bread. While I was there Becky the dog whisperer was there and she ordered another 80th birthday card for her mum to be made for September.
John and I spent about 3 hours in the post office, having lunch in the tea room, chatting to Lizzi and Paul and drinking coffee. Its a nice life... just wish it were warmer and not quite as wet.

No comments: